One of my dreams is to come back to India - Damir Grgic : Interview

One of my dreams is to come back to India - Damir Grgic : Interview
Indian Football Reports exclusive interview with former FC Pune City's Croatian defender Damir Grgic in association with Optob Interviews. Excerpts...

1. Can you tell us about your childhood? How you started your football journey, your first professional football club, etc.
"I start to play football when I was 4 years old, in Germany, where I was born. At age of 6, we moved to Croatia, where I continue to play football in the local football club NK Karlovac. At 16, I start to train with the first team in Croatia's top division, which was a big honor for me, and then everything started, with transfer to Bundesliga club VfL Bochum in Germany."


2. What do you love about India? 
"This question is easy to answer. Everything! In the first place are the people. They are so helpful and kind, and India and Indian people have their part in my heart. The question would be more difficult if you would ask me what do you not love in India."


3. What you will say about Indian Football? 
"Indian football is growing every year. Since I left India, I like to watch Indian football. We can see now real football there, with a lot of smart decisions and good tactics."


4. You played in some other countries too, share some experience when you played in those countries? 
"Yes, I played in a lot of countries. The strongest division of all was now the Croatian Top division. Since Croatia was second in the world, the quality of football raised a lot, even before, Croatia was on the top of Balkan countries. Football here is very fast, great tactic, and really great players, especially strikers."


5. Which Indian player do you like the most & why?
"I would say Sunil Chhetri, but he is the best in the last 10 years I think, so this time I would pick Ashique Kuruniyan. Great guy, great player. He is good for one against one, nice shot, fast and I like his left foot."


6. Are you looking to come again to India? 
"I am now a free player since June, so I am open to everything. One of my dreams is to come back to India, as I am sure that I can help a lot with my experience and with my quality."

7. Your message for the fans from India.
"Dear India fans, hope to see you soon. Stay safe."


For more football interviews follow Optob Interviews on TwitterFacebookInstagram and Telegram
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post